Table of Contents Hide
- The Top 5 Best Tattoo Creams on the Market
- 1) Woo Aftercare Kit: Our top pick as the Best Lotion For Tattoo Aftercare
- 2) Avene Cicalfate: The Most Effective & Best Tattoo Cream
- 3) Vaseline Original Petroleum Jelly: A Reasonable & the Best Ointment For Tattoos
- 4) Aveeno Sheer Hydration: Best Lotion For New Tattoo
- 5) Mad Rabbit: One of the Best Tattoo Aftercare Products
- Final Thoughts:
It’s likely that your first tattoo experience was a little more complicated than you anticipated. If you’ve recently gotten a tattoo, one of the first things any reputable artist will recommend is that you use some of the Best Tattoo Aftercare Products.
“It takes four to six weeks for a tattoo to completely heal, and one of the biggest mistakes you can make after getting a tattoo is letting it dry up,” says Shari Marchbein, a board-certified dermatologist in New York City.
So we’ve compiled a list of some of the Best Tattoo Creams on the market to help you find the right formula for you as quickly as possible.
Also Read: Small Tattoo Ideas
The Top 5 Best Tattoo Creams on the Market
When it comes to aftercare for small line-only tattoos, the salve in your medicine cabinet should suffice. When you want something a little more, there are a plethora of fleshed-out tattoo aftercare options on the market.
However, with so many options (lotions, creams, oils, wraps, and salves), selecting the best aftercare option for your tattoo can quickly become complicated. Select the best available option.
1) Woo Aftercare Kit: Our top pick as the Best Lotion For Tattoo Aftercare
The Woo is a signature brand created by world-renowned tattoo artist Dr. Woo that aims to be your all-in-one tattoo aftercare kit.
The all-inclusive set includes a gentle cleansing soap and a post-tattoo moisturizer, both with simple formulas packed with natural rejuvenating ingredients and free of all unnecessary additives, just like a tattoo artist would make them.
- Complete package that includes a natural soap bar and a gentle hydrating lotion.
- There are no artificial colors, fragrances, or parabens.
- Natural soap is made from coconut oil and glycerin.
- Deep hydrating lotion containing shea butter, vitamin E, chamomile, and sesame seed oil.
- Elegant, recyclable packaging.
- Obtain a free Dr. Woo collectible.
2) Avene Cicalfate: The Most Effective & Best Tattoo Cream
It’s easy to see why almost everyone who uses the Avene Cicalfate formula becomes a fan and can’t stop recommending the product. Avene has a reputation in the skincare industry for creating some of the gentlest formulas, and their Cicalfate is one of their gentlest combinations yet.
Avene Cicalfate combines Avène’s unique Thermal Spring Water with a slew of other postbiotic (protein-rich) restorative ingredients to create a rich, nourishing cream that protects your skin from all external elements.
- The extra-gentle formula is appropriate for all skin types.
- Contains Postbiotic restorative ingredients.
- Completed with an antibacterial Copper-Zinc Sulphate complex.
- 150 clinical studies are said to back it up.
3) Vaseline Original Petroleum Jelly: A Reasonable & the Best Ointment For Tattoos
Vaseline is always effective. It is the one all-purpose ointment that many physicians will recommend if you have dry skin, chapped lips, cracked skin in the winter, or chafed heels, and for good reason.
Vaseline Original Petroleum Jelly is a soothing and protective ointment for dry, cracked, inflamed, or irritated skin. The product contains 100% petroleum jelly (petrolatum), which forms a protective layer over the affected area, locking in moisture while allowing enough oxygen to accelerate healing.
- 100% genuine petroleum jelly (Petrolatum).
- Triple-purified to ensure purity.
- Ideal for all skin types, including sensitive and damaged skin.
- Useful all-purpose ointment for skin relief from a variety of skin problems.
4) Aveeno Sheer Hydration: Best Lotion For New Tattoo
After a week or two of using a dedicated tattoo aftercare lotion, you may want to switch to something a little more moisturizing, and Aveeno’s Sheer Hydration formula is one of the best options on the market.
Aveeno Sheer Hydration Daily Moisturizing Lotion is a daily body moisturizer that contains glycerin, caprylyl glycol, and citric acid in a formulation that hydrates the skin for up to 24 hours after a single application. This formula also contains colloidal oatmeal, a key active ingredient that soothes the skin, boosts hydration, and locks in moisture.
- Contains glycerin and colloidal oatmeal for 24-hour hydration.
- Excellent for people with sensitive skin.
- Perfect for all skin types.
- There are no fragrances.
5) Mad Rabbit: One of the Best Tattoo Aftercare Products
Another excellent Tattoo Aftercare Product is this new Soothing Gel. Mad Rabbit’s new SPF 30 sunscreen shields your new or old tattoos from harmful, fading UV rays every day! Sun damage is a risk for all tattoos. Before going out in the sun, use our all-natural sunscreen to protect your ink. It’s not greasy or oily!
With the hottest tattoo balm on the market, Mad Rabbit’s tattoo balm helps revitalize, replenish, and preserve your body art. Apply daily for best results, but see results after just one application. It works on both new and old tattoos.
- Helps to revitalize old tattoos.
- Natural and organic ingredients
- excellent for sensitive skin.
- Aids in the retention of moisture
Tattoo aftercare is critical because it promotes proper healing and prevents infection. There are numerous Best Tattoo Aftercare Products available, but not all of them are equal.
And, while many products claim to be the best for tattoo aftercare, we’ve compiled a list of the top five that we think are worth a shot. These products will keep your tattoo looking and feeling great.