Table of Contents Hide
- Why Do Training Chest Muscles With Cables Make Your Muscles Grow Faster?
- Top Chest Workouts With the Cables Crossover Machine
Regarding bodybuilding, chest muscles play a vital role in building upper body strength, enhancing body image, improving breathing, and making you feel good about looking.
There are many variations in chest workouts that you can do in the gym or in-home, for instance, dumble fly, barbell bench presses, dips, and push-ups to make your muscles bulky and bigger.
In this article, we will talk about the chest workout variations with the barbell that you can do yourself without professional help. Not all gyms have this barbell cable machine because it takes up a lot of space. Feel blessed if you have the barbell cross cable machine in your gym
Why Do Training Chest Muscles With Cables Make Your Muscles Grow Faster?
If you can train the chest muscle with bench press in three variations, incline, decline, and flat bench with barbell or doubles, why should one head toward the cross cable machine?
Not all exercises are 100 % recommended, but you can do and try all variations to build better muscle mass. Yes, training with a barbell has some other benefits that free weight lifters don’t.
Does Not Hurt Your Joint
Training chest muscles will protect your joints, especially when you are a beginner, your muscles do not have much control over the weight, and more often, people are prone to injury. Therefore, training with the machine, with a lighter weight, can help you get the maximum benefits in that sense.
You can train your muscles in the full range of motion and increase the weight limit without being fearless or waiting for your partner to spot you.
More Mind-Muscle Connection
Training with the crossover machine may help to build mind muscle connection when you are a beginner. You may feel more motivated and go for the extra rep when training in the full range of motion without fear of muscle damage. The better you are focused, the better your blood flow and muscle pump you have.
Most fitness trainers teach you to train with lighter weight because it does help to attack the shorter muscles alongside the bigger muscles.
Contract All Muscles
While training with the free weights, you might have put the pressure on the thin ht contraction phase but somehow missed the same pressure while in the relaxation phase.
However, cable machines attack the muscles in a full range of motion while in any phase; this helps to target the muscle group correctly. You will have no chance for the body to take rest. It is the best way to get out of your comfort zone.
Symmetry in overall bodybuilding requires the right muscle contraction and doing the exercise correctly. Exercise machines are designed to create stability and engage your training muscles. This also helps you build stability and improve stamina because you can lift weights without hurting your joints. It helps to give you more control over the position and can save you from serious injuries because your joints are not moving into a position where there are chances to dislocate them.
Top Chest Workouts With the Cables Crossover Machine
1) Standing Cable Chest Press
A standing cable chest press is ideal for building the middle chest, the same as the flat bench press.
Standing cable chest press is one of the best Chest Workouts to contract the chest muscles without being afraid of a shoulder injury; as often happens in the flat bench press, we fail to keep balance, and the whole balance is shifted to the shoulder.
- To perform this exercise, stand between the cables, take your leg forward as you lean forward, and take the D ring or whatever you use for training.
- Push the cables forward in such a way that you are pushing a car
- Keep your hands in resting posting when you are stretching your arm forward to feel the muscle contractions;
- Do not bend your shoulder backward or avoid reversing your arms apart from the shoulder length.
2) Cable Bench Press
As we go through advanced training, chest training can be done in several ways. For instance, you can do the chest press with the cross-cable machine.
This is the advanced version of the bench press. Building a more significant and rounder chest involves three muscles: the chest, the front shoulder, and the triceps.
- Take a flat bench for chest workouts, place your feet more firmly on the ground, and tighten your glutes.
- Bend the elbow to the level of the bench and press it up.
- Hold for a second while your arms are stretched.
3) Seating Single-Arm Chest Fly
The single-arm chest fly is also effective in building chest muscles. It also contracts the outer and inner chest muscles. This is one of the best Inner Chest Workouts to do at the Gym. Doing it with a single arm means putting more muscle contractions and mind-muscle connections to the muscle to get it pumped up.
- Take a bench and shift the position a little higher to the incline and a little lower to the vertical.
- Put one hand on the thighs to maintain your balance, so the bench is not drifting away.
- Do at least 10 to 12 reps for each arm.
4) Cable Crossover
It follows the same principle as the standing cable chest press, but you try the hand crossover. This is one of the great chest isolation exercises. It works in two motions Centric, squeezing, and isometric( stretching). This is the best way to build strength and more size in your chest.
- Lean forward with one foot forward to gain balance
- Feel the stretch in the chest when arms are fully opened
- Do go too high it will involve your delts or do not go too lower either.
- Stretch your chest back and forward to get the extra squeeze
5) Low Cable Fly
Low cable fly is another authentic exercise to build the lower chest. It is also good if you have a hairy chest or a man’s boobs issue.
- Make sure the cables are set at the top of the cables cross machine
- The good and recommended posture is to stand between the lines
- Put your one leg forward to stand in the staggered stand to balance your position.
- You can do 10 to 12 reps in each set.
- It is the ideal exercise to attract lower and side chest muscles.
Cable exercises are a great way to add variety to your training and fast up muscle growth. They are a safe way to train the muscle without any injury.