Table of Contents Hide
How about eggs for breakfast, do you prefer those? If so, this recipe was made especially for you. Keto egg muffins are essentially baked eggs stuffed with fresh veggies, meat, and/or cheese.
These nutritious Keto Egg Muffins are the perfect midday snack, and they can be stored in the freezer for easy access. When you’re in a pinch for time but still want a healthy breakfast or snack, just pop this bite-sized treat into the microwave for a quick reheat. The five-minute preparation time makes this dish ideal for a quick and stress-free weekend or holiday brunch. Stock up on these and eat for a week straight from the freezer. To keep your egg muffin recipe on the ketogenic diet, you should omit any starchy veggies or processed meats.
Baking eggs in a muffin tray, usually with other ingredients like meats and vegetables. These bite-sized savoury treats go by a few different names, including tiny frittatas and crustless quiche.
They’re great for adding healthy fats and protein to your diet. And they’re simple to make in advance, making them ideal for a quick breakfast on the run. This article will go on to detail the components and preparation of egg muffins as part of a healthy ketogenic diet.
Keto Egg Muffins Ingredients
- Eggs: The best option is pastured eggs from a local farmer.
- Bacon: Uncured bacon that has no added sugar or nitrites.
- Cheese: There are no restrictions when it comes to cheese, but avoid pre-shredded cheese because it contains starches that cause cheese to be high in carbs.
- Green onion: You can use any low carb vegetable you want.
- Season to taste.
How to Make the Best Keto Egg Muffins
To quickly prepare a batch of Keto Egg Muffins, you actually don’t need much. Eggs, cream (or coconut milk for a dairy-free option), salt, and pepper are the fundamental ingredients.
You are free to add anything else after that. I adored these muffins’ spicy flavour from the Mexican chorizo. However, you can alter the fundamental formula to your liking.
Here are a few interesting options: cooked breakfast sausage, bacon, red pepper, broccoli, cheese, ham, spinach, feta, and sautéed mushrooms. Egg muffins might be vegan and veggie-packed or a meat eater’s dream. There are no boundaries!
If you want to create a larger batch, you may need two muffin tins. And to prevent them from sticking, I suggest using silicone muffin liners. Additionally, it keeps my pan completely clean, which reduces work.
Keto Egg Muffins: Storage and Serving directions
Make a large batch of these egg muffins and store them in the refrigerator or freezer. You will not be sorry!
Refrigerator storage: After baking, allow the muffins to cool completely. Simply place in an airtight container in the fridge. The cooked muffins can be stored for up to 4 days.
To put on ice: Allow the muffins to cool completely before placing them on a cookie sheet and freezing them for 1 to 2 hours. This flash freezing will assist them in maintaining their shape and preventing them from sticking together. Then, place the frozen muffins in a freezer bag or an airtight container.
You can also wrap each egg muffin in plastic wrap before storing them in a larger container. Frozen egg muffins should keep for up to three months.
To warm up: For muffins that have been refrigerated, simply microwave them for 30 to 60 seconds. Frozen muffins should be thawed before reheating.
Preheat the oven to 300°F and allow up to 5 minutes for them to warm through.
Keto Egg Muffins: Some Helpful Tips
- If you need to make enough of this dish for a larger group, it’s simple to multiply the ingredients. Simply multiply the amounts by two or three.
- Spinach, broccoli florets, broccoli rabe, mushroom slices, and tomato slices are some of my favourite alternatives.
- To prevent your egg muffins from sticking to the bottom of the pan, use enough of cooking spray or a high-quality non-stick muffin tray. Silicone cupcake liners are another option for preventing sticking in the baking process. Paper liners should not be used. The baked muffins are difficult to remove from them.
- Since egg muffins rise in volume while baking, fill the cupcake liners only halfway to avoid spillage.
- Once the muffins are done baking, let them rest in the pan for at least 10 minutes before attempting to remove them.
Try these Keto Egg Muffins with bacon out for yourself and let me know how they went over with your loved ones in the comments section. This is the perfect recipe for all you keto fans on the hunt for some tasty keto egg muffins sausage.